stuff

Kelvin
1st September
Affliation: Bartley Christian Church/ NOVO/ muffins
physics conqueror


free web counter
web counter


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

  • Ivan
  • Mich
  • Debbie
  • golden mush
  • Keith
  • Nicole
  • Salad
  • Amy teo
  • Mella
  • Gloria
  • Liz Chay
  • Liz Lee
  • Suann
  • kennth neo
  • joycexv
  • hilda
  • bryan
  • Isabelle
  • Cheryl hoe
  • Zech
  • pong
  • ming hui
  • foldy carrot
  • Yvonne
  • joyce
  • fatball
  • vinna
  • monstar
  • clement
  • melvin
  • eunice
  • guowei
  • derric
  • cg blog
  • jin yu
  • weiqi


  • ~March 2005~
    ~April 2005~
    ~May 2005~
    ~June 2005~
    ~July 2005~
    ~August 2005~
    ~September 2005~
    ~October 2005~
    ~November 2005~
    ~December 2005~
    ~January 2006~
    ~February 2006~
    ~March 2006~
    ~April 2006~
    ~May 2006~
    ~June 2006~
    ~July 2006~
    ~August 2006~
    ~September 2006~
    ~October 2006~
    ~November 2006~
    ~December 2006~
    ~January 2007~
    ~February 2007~
    ~March 2007~
    ~April 2007~
    ~May 2007~
    ~June 2007~
    ~July 2007~
    ~August 2007~
    ~September 2007~
    ~October 2007~
    ~November 2007~
    ~December 2007~
    ~January 2008~
    ~February 2008~
    ~March 2008~
    ~April 2008~
    ~May 2008~
    ~June 2008~
    ~July 2008~
    ~August 2008~
    ~September 2008~
    ~October 2008~
    ~December 2008~
    ~January 2009~
    ~February 2009~
    ~March 2009~
    ~April 2009~
    ~May 2009~
    ~June 2009~
    ~July 2009~
    ~August 2009~
    ~September 2009~
    ~October 2009~
    ~November 2009~
    ~January 2010~
    ~February 2010~
    ~March 2010~
    ~April 2010~
    ~May 2010~
    ~June 2010~
    ~July 2010~
    ~September 2010~
    ~October 2010~
    ~March 2011~


    designed by QOz
    image from gettyimages
    get more skins from blogskins

    Wednesday, March 23, 2005

    The synergy conference, on the whole, was kind of refreshing. It’s been awhile since I last went for a conference. During this period of time, I realized that when what God meant when He said worship in spirit and in truth. Not only that, God desires heartfelt worship. All these can be found in the bible but what I am trying to point out is that we should always be desperate in our worship. The more desperate we are, the stronger the Holy Spirit can be felt. Weird huh? Actually it makes perfect sense. By having this ‘desperate’ factor, we declare that we are nothing, and that God is our everything. If that’s the case, we let God take control of our lives.

    Most of the workshops covered topics that were repeated in church many times already but its good to be reminded once again. I believe that God will speak to us during every sermon or in this case, workshop. It is the same as reading the bible while doing QT. I could do the same passage 4 times but each attempt, God pointed out different things to me. Thus, when we attend sermon or workshop, it is crucial to ask God to review to us whatever that He wants to tell us. Having a ‘I know all these facts already’ mindset is a very negative attitude. We should never allow such thoughts to cross our mind. In contrast, all of us should have a heart of expectancy in order to allow God to minister to us. As long as our hearts are open, God will move in.

    There were countless encounters with the Holy Spirit throughout the conference. The most prominent one was obviously being slained (is that how u spell it?). I was very much tempted to stand up when the preacher who has the lingo of ‘on fire’ asked the youths whether they want to have the prophetic gift or something like that. Anyhow, God challenged me. How will it benefit me if I get slained? Will I love God more? To me, experiences like this will stay within me for a lifetime. I just need one to know that God is real. Having too much of it might have an adverse effect. I fear that having too much of experiences will make me go after the feeling rather than God himself.

    The concert was nice. All that jumping and praising God seemed so fun and stuff but above all, it’s hard to focus too. When I worship, I need to feel connected with the Holy Spirit. It has been like this since the first day that I accepted Christ. Whenever I am connected to God, I will either feel very hot on the inside or that there will be a layer of heat surrounding me on the outside. During the concert however, for the first two days, the feeling sort of faded off after the second or third song. I tried everything, raising hands, praying, jumping, and confessing all my sin etc. nothing works! Some time after that, there will be people getting spiritual attack. The same thing happened in Thailand (mob trip). At one moment, all of us were worshipping God and then suddenly, an invisible wall prevented me from connecting to God. Back to what I was saying, spiritual attacks are real. To counter such spirits from finding trouble with you, we have to empty ourselves before God and let Him live in us. Having a footstool in our lives is as though having a space for the devil to live in. no matter how small it is, the devil will use it. When that happens, the Holy Spirit can’t reside in us anymore because we become unclean. Spirits, under normal circumstance will flee when they hear the name of Jesus. Yet, people who held on to their grudges or what so ever strengthened the devil. It gives them a reason to stay on you because you allow that to happen. Fortunately, Jesus already died for our past, present and future sin. As long as we confess daily to God and REPENT, we should be pretty safe. If you are still unsure whether you have confessed everything, ask the Holy Spirit to search your heart. If you are willing, all things are possible. THERE’S NOTHING MY GOD CANNOT DO1!


    +++11:06 PM+++


    Jesus is Love